[comp.os.minix] Problems with Zmodem

dcd@tc.fluke.COM (David Dyck) (02/10/90)

In article <12767@cbnewse.ATT.COM> fredriks@cbnewse.ATT.COM (lars.fredriksen,ih,) writes:
>Hi!
>	Has anyone managed to send files with zmodem? I compiled zmodem
>	(rz and sz) on the UNIX machine at work, and it works fine with
>	Procom Plus, however when I try to use it with MINIX it times out.

Here are the shell scripts getz and putz that I have been using
reliably to perform get and put zmodem functions.

I only use them to get/put 1 file at a time, but feel free to
modify them as you see fit.

# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line,
# then unpack it by saving it in a file and typing "sh file".
#
# Wrapped by  on Fri Feb  9 17:29:11 PST 1990
# Contents:  getz putz

echo x - getz
sed 's/^@//' > "getz" <<'@//E*O*F getz//'
( stty -echo 19200
sleep 1
echo "
                        rz
"
sz -c "sz $*" ) < /dev/tty2 >/dev/tty2
@//E*O*F getz//
chmod u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rwx getz

echo x - putz
sed 's/^@//' > "putz" <<'@//E*O*F putz//'
( stty -echo 19200
sleep 1
echo "
                        rz
"
sz "$*" ) < /dev/tty2 >/dev/tty2
@//E*O*F putz//
chmod u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rwx putz

exit 0

            David Dyck
    Domain: dcd@tc.fluke.COM
     Voice: +1 206 356 5807
      UUCP: {uw-beaver,decwrl,microsof,sun}!fluke!dcd
     Snail: John Fluke Mfg. Co. / P.O. Box 9090 / Everett WA  98206-9090

wsincc@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Wim van Dorst) (02/19/90)

In article <14806@fluke.COM> dcd@tc.fluke.COM (David Dyck) writes:
>In article <12767@cbnewse.ATT.COM> fredriks@cbnewse.ATT.COM (lars.fredriksen,ih,) writes:
>>Hi!
>>	Has anyone managed to send files with zmodem? I compiled zmodem
>>	(rz and sz) on the UNIX machine at work, and it works fine with
>>	Procom Plus, however when I try to use it with MINIX it times out.
>
>Here are the shell scripts getz and putz that I have been using
>reliably to perform get and put zmodem functions.

They work great. Thanks David.

but....

Indeed they work great when I make a link between my own Minix PC
(wiesje) en my boss' Toshiba Minix PC (mowgli), and I have a null-modem
link. I compiled sz and rz also on the university Ultrix Vax
(eutrc3) to be able to transfer file from there to home. To
connect to eutrc3 I make a multi-node hop via a packet switched
network if that is important. I get timeouts every time and
inbetween I get 'C's on my screen.
Can anyone help me out on this one?? David??

Also for this question many thanks in advance.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim van Dorst, wsincc@tuerc3.urc.tue.nl

aka baron@minixug.hobbynet.nl, baron@wiesje.home, baron@mowgli.home