[comp.os.minix] Minix Laboratory

kimnh@cs.iastate.edu (Neng-Hoe Kim) (02/24/90)

Are there anyone using Minix for an undergraduate course in operating
system that would like to coresspond with me.

I am interested in how your Minix PC laboratory is setup.
Issues of concern are:
1) How are printing handled
	- Each PC has a printer
	- students copy their files onto a disketter and goto to
		a PC with printer, or
	- Is there a Network Printer Server.
2) Does the PCs in the laboratory have harddisk ?
	if yes, are the students expected to backup their own files ?
	Are the student expected to ensure the security of their
		own files, prevent other students from copying.
3) Implementation of Network File System
4) Implementation of Network Printer Server
5)      "         of E-mail
6)      "         of gateway to Arpa Internet.

myid : kimnh@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu or kimnh@129.186.3.1

abc@adm.BRL.MIL (Brinton Cooper) (02/25/90)

In article <693@dino.cs.iastate.edu> kimnh@cs.iastate.edu (Neng-Hoe Kim) writes:

>Are there anyone using Minix for an undergraduate course in operating
>system that would like to coresspond with me.
>
>I am interested in how your Minix PC laboratory is setup.
.
.
.
>myid : kimnh@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu or kimnh@129.186.3.1

I, too, am very intereted in such information.  Neng-Hoe Kim, would you
please let me know what you learn.  Perhaps folks would also send their
there seems  to be general interest.

_Brint Cooper
<abc@brl.mil or cooper@dewey.udel.edu>
--
_Brinton Cooper		BRL - Where "Research" is our Middle Name.