[comp.os.minix] Minix ST reverse video

mcgn@eicons.UUCP (Normand Mc Guire) (02/17/90)

I just received and installed Minix ST 1.1 on my system. It is
quite a change from dummy TOS, since I am more used to a Unix
type of operating system.

I was however a little bit disapointed to discover that the
display is used in a black background with white foreground
characters. I probably am too used to the nice monochrome
white foreground of the ST, but still, is there an easy fix
to the console driver, or an escape sequence to send, so the
background will be in white ?

Thank you.

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (02/25/90)

In article <571@eicons.UUCP>, mcgn@eicons.UUCP (Normand Mc Guire) writes:

> I just received and installed Minix ST 1.1 on my system. It is
> quite a change from dummy TOS, since I am more used to a Unix
> type of operating system.

Use Mark Williams C system under TOS.  It feels like UNIX.

> I was however a little bit disapointed to discover that the
> display is used in a black background with white foreground
> characters. I probably am too used to the nice monochrome
> white foreground of the ST, but still, is there an easy fix
> to the console driver, or an escape sequence to send, so the
> background will be in white ?

from stvdu.c:

  switch (c) {
  case 'A': /* CUU: cursor up */
  case 'l': /* RM: reset mode */
  case 'h': /* SM: set mode */
	if (v->next[0] == '?' && v->next[1] == '5' && v->mono)
		VIDEO->vd_rgb[0] = c == 'l' ? RGB_BLACK : RGB_WHITE;
	return;

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
=====NEW address====