[comp.os.minix] Trouble report IBM_PC version 1.5.3

hall@cod.NOSC.MIL (Robert R. Hall) (03/03/90)

The responce to:
MINIX> de /dev/hd5

de: Requires a termcap entry

Other commands such as elvis can locate my termcap entry in /etc.
What went wrong with de?

The responce to :
MIMIX> last
reboot    ~         Thu Jan  1 02:07
reboot    ~         Thu Jan  1 05:23

wtmp begins Thu Jan  1 05:16

This looks weird. The 1.5.0 version would at least show that I was
logged in.

And dosread still refuses to recognize /dev/dosC and my hard disk.
I also tried the new patch to lorder. In responce to:
MINIX> lorder /usr/lib/libc.a > elt

the file elt only contained line of:
- -
- -
- -

Robert R. Hall (hall@nosc.mil)

hall@cod.NOSC.MIL (Robert R. Hall) (03/06/90)

Will Rose (cwr@pnet01.cts.com) sent me this reply:
> Subject: de  and  termcap
> Had this problem too, Robert, and messed around checking things for an
> hour or so when a voice said "When a program acts strangely, it is because
> it has insufficient stack space".  Chmem 24000 may work, chmem 32000 will!

After receiving this message,  I went and edited the the de/Makefile
to set chmem =32000 de
and relinked de, low and behold de now works.

Robert R. Hall (hall@nosc.mil)