[comp.os.minix] Large mail files

ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk (03/10/90)

This has probably been discussed before ... but how about splitting
Minix-L into two lists. One on which the sources are distributed and
one which contains all the general chat?

bc@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Ben Cox) (03/11/90)

In article <13318@nigel.udel.EDU> ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk writes:

>This has probably been discussed before ... but how about splitting
>Minix-L into two lists. One on which the sources are distributed and
>one which contains all the general chat?

...and the one on which sources are distributed should be moderated.  It is
confusing to try and figure out which patches to apply and which ones not to.
Any volunteers?

-- Ben Cox
b-cox2@uiuc.edu

kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) (03/12/90)

In article <13318@nigel.udel.EDU> ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk writes:
%This has probably been discussed before ... but how about splitting
%Minix-L into two lists. One on which the sources are distributed and
%one which contains all the general chat?

Please!  I second this.  There is too much traffic to keep up with.

How about comp.os.minix.dist which contains _OFFICIAL_ source
distribution?  Of course this group should be moderated!  (The name can
be changed if .dist is not satisfactory.)

Ken Hendrickson N8DGN        kjh@usc.edu        ...!uunet!usc!pollux!kjh

anderson@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) (03/12/90)

In article <23421@usc.edu>, kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) writes...

]In article <13318@nigel.udel.EDU> ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk writes:
]%This has probably been discussed before ... but how about splitting
]%Minix-L [...]

]Please!  I second this.  There is too much traffic to keep up with.

How I wish this issue would go away.  Discussing it creates
traffic too.  "Keeping up with" is what the n key is for.
I'm for keeping one group for everything and using sensible
subject lines.

==Jess Anderson===Academic Computing Center=====Univ. Wisconsin-Madison=====
| Work: Rm. 2160, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706, Ph. 608/263-6988 |
| Home: 2838 Stevens St., 53705, 608/238-4833   Bitnet: anderson@wiscmacc  |
==Internet: anderson@macc.wisc.edu====UUCP:{}!uwvax!macc.wisc.edu!anderson==