[comp.os.minix] Confusion

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (03/21/90)

The Lib directory is actually /usr/lib, to avoid confusion with
/usr/src/lib, which I call 'lib' in my tree.

The command directory is really commands, but the combination of gather
and uue only allow 7 char dir names because they eat up 7 chars in suffixes.

Thus for postings it will be command, but on your disk, it should still be
commands.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

inf2007@vax.rz.uni-wuerzburg.dbp.de (inf2007) (03/21/90)

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl) writes:
> The Lib directory is actually /usr/lib, to avoid confusion with
> /usr/src/lib, which I call 'lib' in my tree.
>
> The command directory is really commands, but the combination of gather
> and uue only allow 7 char dir names because they eat up 7 chars in suffixes.
>
> Thus for postings it will be command, but on your disk, it should still be
> commands.
>
> Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

I use a shell script to put the postings in the appropriate place.
First i put all postings in the directory patches, uudecode and uncomopress
them. Then i go one dir up (to 1.5.x) and make all subdirs (e.g. fs mm tools ..)
Then i call unshar.sh (it follows).

I got 1.5.5 with info-minix.  Some lines in some postings were mangled.
This leads to extracting ( and later uudecoding ) problems listed in the file.
(3 of 6   was ok, but not the reposting)

	Robert Regn				University of Wuerzburg, Germany
	regn@uniwue.uucp
	uunet!mcvax!unido!uniwue!regn
#! /bin/sh
# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then unpack
# it by saving it into a file and typing "sh file".  To overwrite existing
# files, type "sh file -c".  You can also feed this as standard input via
# unshar, or by typing "sh <file", e.g..  If this archive is complete, you
# will see the following message at the end:
#		"End of shell archive."
# Contents:  1.5.5.problems unshar
# Wrapped by regn@sunny on Wed Mar 21 11:19:11 1990
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb ; export PATH
if test -f '1.5.5.problems' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'1.5.5.problems'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'1.5.5.problems'\" \(736 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'1.5.5.problems' <<'END_OF_FILE'
XExtracting ansi_00.uue
XBad character count in ansi_00.uue
XCount should be 3662
XExtracting command_00.uue
XBad character count in command_00.uue
XCount should be 28648
XExtracting fs_00.uue
XBad character count in fs_00.uue
XCount should be 5920
XExtracting kernel_00.uue
XBad character count in kernel_00.uue
XCount should be 20457
XExtracting m4_00.uue
XBad character count in m4_00.uue
XCount should be 10377
XExtracting mm_00.uue
XBad character count in mm_00.uue
XCount should be 4507
Xuud: Wrong sequence line 60 in ansi_00.uue
Xuud: Bad prefix line 47 in file: command_00.uue
Xuud: Wrong sequence line 30 in fs_00.uue
Xuud: Wrong sequence line 107 in kernel_00.uue
Xuud: Wrong sequence line 97 in m4_00.uue
Xuud: Wrong sequence line 72 in mm_00.uue
END_OF_FILE
if test 736 -ne `wc -c <'1.5.5.problems'`; then
    echo shar: \"'1.5.5.problems'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of '1.5.5.problems'
fi
if test -f 'unshar' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'unshar'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'unshar'\" \(800 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'unshar' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X# shell script to put the patches ( shell archives)
X# into the right directories
X# Robert Regn  regn%uniwue@unido.uucp
X# first create all dirs with
X# mkdir kernel fs mm lib commands etc include tools test Lib
X# mkdir commands/{dis88,make,ibm,mined,bawk,ic,nroff,indent,patch,kermit,de,sh,m4,zmodem}
X# mkdir lib/{IBM,ansi,other,posix,string}
Xhome=`pwd`
Xfor i in `ls patches`
Xdo echo -n $i  '	' 'into	'
Xdir=`echo $i | sed 's/_.*//'`
Xif test $dir = command
X	then dir=commands
X	fi
Xif test -d $dir
X	then cd $dir
X	echo $dir
X	elif test -d commands/$dir
X		then cd commands/$dir
X		echo commands/$dir
X	elif test -d lib/$dir
X		then cd lib/$dir
X		echo lib/$dir
X	elif test -d include/$dir
X		then cd include/$dir
X		echo include/$dir
X	else	echo no place for $dir
X		continue;
X	fi
Xsh < $home/patches/$i
Xcd $home
Xdone
END_OF_FILE
if test 800 -ne `wc -c <'unshar'`; then
    echo shar: \"'unshar'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
chmod +x 'unshar'
# end of 'unshar'
fi