[net.unix-wizards] a better mail

DEAN@Usc-Ecl@sri-unix (08/28/82)

From: Jeff Dean <DEAN@Usc-Ecl>
Date: 23 Aug 1982 1745-PDT
Is there a mail program that is better than the one that comes with System
III or 4.1bsd?  For someone used to the TOPS-20 MM program, the standard
Unix mail program looks like a toy; MM provides more features and is
easier to use.  Someone must have something better!?
-------
[Note by Geoff@SRI-CSL, your UNIX-Wizards remailer:
S. McLure Cracraft (Mclure@SRI-UNIX) [sri-unix!mclure], has developed
a very nice TOPS-20 MMish type of UA (User Agent) which interfaces to
your mail composing program, called "mu" (Message Utility?).  However,
SRI Management (`Management' of which I am not associated with (nor
agree with in this case, I might add), has so far kept it "under
wraps" because they are mulling over marketing/selling it.  I am hoping
the `Management' will come around, soon, and that the "mu" UA will be
posted on net.sources and eventually somehow end up as part of the BSD
distribution and in the public domain.]