[comp.os.minix] PD Yacc

ghelmer@dsuvax.uucp (Guy Helmer) (04/06/90)

In article <6236@star.cs.vu.nl>, ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:

> There was a PD Yacc posted to comp.sources.unix yesterday
> for interested parties.  Whether it will run on MINIX, I don't know.
>
> Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

I'll check it out, probably this weekend.  It compiled and worked fine
on my Ultrix box.  gcc produced a VAX executable of size 64512 bytes,
so it might just fit into 64K i&d on PC-MINIX.

--
Guy Helmer         ...!cs.texas.edu!bigtex!uudell!loft386!dsuvax!ghelmer
DSU Computing Services         ghelmer@dsuvax.uucp,  helmer@sdnet.bitnet

bammi@curie.ces.cwru.edu (Jwahar R. Bammi) (04/07/90)

In article <1136@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Kent Williams) writes:

> In article <6236@star.cs.vu.nl> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
> >
> >There was a PD Yacc posted to comp.sources.unix yesterday
> >for interested parties.  Whether it will run on MINIX, I don't know.
> Don't even bother to try, at least for Intel Family Minix.  All tables
> are in memory.  I have it working fine under MSDOS, but I used large
> model.
>
> If you're using Atari Minix, go for it.  Byacc is, in my opinion, a
> vaste improvement over bison, and is unencumbered by copyleft.

	the atari version has been available for over 4 months (since
it was first relased for ftp from the author). using minix-gcc to
compile it does'nt require even a single character to be changed. its
available for FTP from dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu in pub/atari/byacc.zoo.
bang:   {any internet host}!dsrgsun.CES.CWRU.Edu!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
domain: bammi@dsrgsun.ces.CWRU.edu
GEnie:	J.Bammi