cak@Purdue@sri-unix (08/29/82)

From: Chris Kent <cak@Purdue>
Date: 23 Aug 1982 20:57:18-EST
Indeed, that's what we're doing; IP over X.25. Pad support is in the works.
At Usenix, Sam Leffler also made mention of someone who was doing a
'real' X.25 in the VAX; I think the guy was in British Columbia.

We're interested in running IP over X.25 so non-Arpa sites that wish
to subscribe to more-than-just-mail via CSNET can join the Internet
using those protocols, but via a publicly-accessible carrier.

Cheers,
chris

pam@Purdue@sri-unix (08/29/82)

From: Paul McNabb <pam@Purdue>
Date: 24 Aug 1982 08:35:34-EST
Since the mid-70's work has been going on at DSCS, Univ College, London
with protocol conversion (TCP=>X.25).  I have not heard anything about
the project for about 6 months but the last report indicated that they
had met with only limited success.  The only reference I have for the
work there is   S. Das and R. Cole, "Protocol Converter, Transport Level
Specifications," INDRA Note 806, Dept. of Statistics and Computer Science,
University College, London, 1979.

Paul McNabb