[comp.os.minix] Bruce Evan's Format Program

evans@ditsyda.oz (Bruce.Evans) (05/02/90)

In article <1378@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Kent Williams) writes:
>Bruce Evan's format program works fine, except if you compile it with
>the Minix compiler (at least the version I have) you get a
>
>_format: Multiply defined

Sorry, I have not compiled it with the Minix compiler, at least recently.
Truncating the variables format_* to fmt_* is the correct fix. The Minix
compiler will also complain about NULL because I did not include <stdio.h>
last :-(.

>The makeflops script reports 'ln: link failed' after a certain point, for

Perhaps for an already-existing device like dosA. I have it linked to an
fdxx instead of a separate inode.
--
Bruce Evans		evans@ditsyda.syd.dit.csiro.au