[comp.os.minix] confusion.158.update

paula@bcsaic.UUCP (Paul Allen) (05/04/90)

In article <18013@nigel.udel.EDU> IDAC@musicb.mcgill.ca (IDAC000) writes:
>After unpacking these four ( 1,2,3 and 4 of 3) I still don't have these files
>(listed in the crc list of files in the postings for v1.5.8, from AST) :
>
>                56406   1547 IBM_00.uue
>                26300   1255 Lib_00.uue
>                30655  61965 SHARF1
>                43847  52338 SHARF2

We seem to have had a news interruption here, but I haven't seen anyone
clarify this yet.  I didn't notice these lines in the uu.crc list for
1.5.8 because I routinely ignore the uu crc's.  The four files listed
above were not in the 1.5.8 posting that I recieved, and my 1.5.8
source tree matches the 1.5.8 source crc's exactly.  I'm talking about
the Usenet 1.5.8 posting, not anything that might have appeared on the
beta mailing list.

To all the people who are worried about these files, relax!  I don't
think you need them.  They appear to have been included in the uu crc
listing by mistake.

Paul Allen

Paul L. Allen                       | pallen@atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | ...!uw-beaver!bcsaic!pallen