[comp.os.minix] lib/string/Makefile

michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael Bloxham) (05/07/90)

When trying to install the string package, I found the Makefile looks for
a string.h.cdif for include/string.h.  There is no such file in the posted
1.5.10 crc listing.  Where is this file???  Does string.h still need to be
patched when installing the string package?

regards,
mike

Michael L. Bloxham         | Real programmers don't comment their code.
michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu | If it was hard to write, it should be hard
michaelb@WISCMACC.bitnet   | to understand.

nfs@notecnirp.Princeton.EDU (Norbert Schlenker) (05/08/90)

In article <3591@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael Bloxham) writes:
>When trying to install the string package, I found the Makefile looks for
>a string.h.cdif for include/string.h.  There is no such file in the posted
>1.5.10 crc listing.  Where is this file???  Does string.h still need to be
>patched when installing the string package?

No.  The cdiff has been subsumed by subsequent changes to /usr/include/string.h.
The Makefile should be changed - I haven't gotten around to it because I haven't
looked at it since I sent it to Andy in December.  Typical of Minix, no one else
has gotten around to it either. :-)

Norbert