[comp.os.minix] 1.5.10 memory requirements for commands?

michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael Bloxham) (05/09/90)

Am currently compiling the 1.5.10 commands and noticed tools/changemem
script has disappeared.  Anyone know what the current memory allocation
standards are for the commands.  I know compress, patch, and some others
need to get chmem'ed to the hilt, but what of the others?

please post, since I'm sure there are others interested in this also!
thanks,
mike

Michael L. Bloxham         | Real programmers don't comment their code.
michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu | If it was hard to write, it should be hard
michaelb@WISCMACC.bitnet   | to understand.

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (05/09/90)

In article <3603@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> michaelb@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Michael Bloxham) writes:
>Am currently compiling the 1.5.10 commands and noticed tools/changemem
>script has disappeared.

It has been replaced a shell script called

   fixbin.sh

in the commands directory.  Install that as  /usr/bin/fixbin.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)