[comp.os.minix] readclock problem solved.

eyal@cancol.oz (Eyal Lebedinsky) (05/04/90)

Hello,

I had a problem (1.5.9) where readclock always returned '-q'. It turned out
that /dev/mem was not set properly. one should 'mknod /dev/mem c 1 1'. I had
it as a block device - never had a problem.

Is there any documentation about how these should be set? I guess 'port'
and 'kmem' should be character-devices too.

Regards
	Eyal
--
Regards
	Eyal

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (05/09/90)

In article <366@cancol.oz> eyal@cancol.oz (Eyal Lebedinsky) writes:
>I had a problem (1.5.9) where readclock always returned '-q'. It turned out
>that /dev/mem was not set properly. one should 'mknod /dev/mem c 1 1'. I had
>it as a block device - never had a problem.

I have my /dev/mem device set up properly, and I still have this problem.  I
even tried making readclock setuid root, but still nothing.  Hmmm....
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!kodak!swamps!!frau!tvf *or*
...!uunet!atexnet!kodak!swamps!frau!tvf (tvf@frau, tvf@cci632)