[comp.os.minix] 1.3 -> 1.5.10 upgrade problem - include file not found

james@retix.retix.COM (James Chiou) (05/10/90)

Hi,

Has anyone out there ever encountered the problem such as "the include file
not found", but the include file is indeed there.

I have 1.3 running on my AT and I am attempting to upgrade it to 1.5.10.
I got this problem twice during my upgrading process. The first time it
happened was when I compiled the fs and I resolved it by changing the
sequence of the include statement. However, the problem happened again
when I tried to generate the kernel and this time I was not that lucky.
When I compiled the file "system.c", I got the message saying that the
include file "protect.h" was not found. I checked it. The include file
"protect.h" is certainly there. No matter what I try, the compiler keeps
complaining about that.

Any clue? Thank you for your time. Your help will be appreciated.

-- James Chiou

mka@cs.odu.edu (Mark K Arquette) (05/10/90)

In article <660@retix.retix.COM> james@retix.retix.COM (James Chiou) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone out there ever encountered the problem such as "the include file
>not found", but the include file is indeed there.
>
>I have 1.3 running on my AT and I am attempting to upgrade it to 1.5.10.
>I got this problem twice during my upgrading process. The first time it
>happened was when I compiled the fs and I resolved it by changing the
>sequence of the include statement. However, the problem happened again
>when I tried to generate the kernel and this time I was not that lucky.
>When I compiled the file "system.c", I got the message saying that the
>include file "protect.h" was not found. I checked it. The include file
>"protect.h" is certainly there. No matter what I try, the compiler keeps
>complaining about that.
>
>Any clue? Thank you for your time. Your help will be appreciated.
>

>-- James Chiou

I don't know what causes it but I am having the same problem with 1.2.
Sometimes it works correctly if I run the compiler from the command line
instea5{
of using make. I hope someone has some ideas.