[comp.os.minix] Referee's Group

overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) (06/04/90)

In article <1927@cod.NOSC.MIL> hall@cod.NOSC.MIL (Robert R. Hall) writes:
>What you claim, Minix is a Unix look a like but I can't play
>adventure on it. :-)  Well we will just have to correct this.

I've always found writing C programs with lots of indirect pointer
operations to be a rather interesting adventure :-)

>I suppose I am to submit this to the referee group, but I don't
>mind the other Net readers getting a preview too.  Besides I can't
>find where I save their E-mail address at and I didn't find it
>in the Minix Information sheet.  Besides I am not sure I like
>this referee stuff, all the code that was being posted to this
>group is drying up and I haven't seen the referee group release
>any stuff since it was created.

I (thought) I posted the Referee's group blurb the same time as the Info
Sheet.  Anyway, it's minix-ref@plains.nodak.edu (aka "plains" on Bitnet and
UUCP).

The referees group is a passive structure; they're only there for feedback
to the author.  I origionally envisioned it as, like you mention, putting
their "stomp of approval" on programs by releasing them on an "official"
basis (a sort of a pseudo-moderated sources channel), but it didn't work out
that way.
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)