[comp.os.minix] ST minix 1.5.10 and tests

ken@minster.york.ac.uk (05/31/90)

I've built the ST 1.5.10 kernel but it seems to fail test17, test18,
and some of test20. I built the kernel with files matching _exactly_
Frans' CRC list, except I changed boot.h to make the root partition
/dev/hd2. Does anyone else have this problem? I hope the tests are
broken and not my kernel!

Ken

--
Ken Tindell             UUCP:     ..!mcsun!ukc!minster!ken
Computer Science Dept.  Internet: ken%minster.york.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

meulenbr@cst.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) (06/05/90)

ken@minster.york.ac.uk writes:

>I've built the ST 1.5.10 kernel but it seems to fail test17, test18,
>and some of test20. I built the kernel with files matching _exactly_
>Frans' CRC list, except I changed boot.h to make the root partition

I don't remember this exactly but some of the tests should not be
run as root, since for instance root may unlink any file.
Therefore try to run the tests again as a regular user.
Due to a broken system I cannot try things right away.

Good luck,
--
Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology