[comp.os.minix] Children's shell

mann@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Shannon Mann) (06/27/90)

In article <6991@star.cs.vu.nl> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
>This program is fairly primitive, but it represents one day's work in an
>uncomfortable environment.  If anyone wants to improve/replace it, by all
>means do so.

There is a bug in the program.

clear_screen and clear_str are taken by asld on our system (U36)
to be the same global label.  (_clear_s - 8 characters of significance)

The fix is simple.  Vi men.c, use :1,$s/clear/clr/g, and save.

The program compiles without problem then.

As it stands, its pretty primitive.  Being just a little better than a
novice C programmer, I am going to do some work on it.  First improvement,
make directory access simpler (perhaps like nman does it...)

Thanks Andy for a project small enough to cut my C programming teeth on.

        -=-
-=- Shannon Mann -=- mann@watserv1.UWaterloo.Ca
        -=-