[comp.os.minix] rmdir problem

woju@mist.UUCP (Wolfgang Jung) (06/29/90)

In article <1990Jun24.082127.9427@dhw68k.cts.com> mikewing@dhw68k.cts.com
(mike wing) writes:

> This is my first(almost) posting to any newsgroup, my first was with local
> distribution so it didn't get to anyone, so please forgive me if I make
> any mistakes.
> I am using minix 1.3 on an AT clone.  I have a 20meg partition set aside
> for minix mounted as /usr on dev/hd2.  I can make directorys just fine
> but can't remove them, not even from the ram drive.  This leads me to
> think that the problem is with rmdir and not the file system on the
> hard drive, I may be wrong.  When I use rmdir I get a message like:
> rmdir: can't remove directory.
> I have recompiled the source for rmdir and it still does not work.
> It seem to be in the area of unlinking the dir form its parent.
> If anyone has any idea on how to fix the problem please let me know.

I ran into this Problem once with my ST Verison 1.1, but i just reformated
the HD rebootet with usrFS on DISK, and reran fsck..
This was my way to remove it.. i think that something was not biuld right
and has to be renewed... So just Backup all your Stuff and rebiuld the FS
on your HD

Greetings
	Wolfgang Jung

--