[comp.os.minix] LHarc - which version?

youki@newmercury.ics.osaka-u.ac.jp (Youki Kadobayashi) (07/09/90)

Hello folks.
Since I missed the posting of LHARC for Minix, please let me say.

Fred van Kempen wrote me:

> Please find out whether the posted version is the one I got from
> you (LHarc UNIX 1.02) or if it is older/newer.

Yes, I sent LHarc UNIX 1.02, the one I thought to be newest version
available from Japanese commercial BBS.
Could someone please answer his question instead of me?

Probably the article might be lost due to its extreme size..
(UNIX LHarc was originally divided into 3 parts)

Regards,
--
					Youki Kadobayashi
					youki@mercury.ics.osaka-u.ac.jp

wayne@csri.toronto.edu (Wayne Hayes) (07/11/90)

The version I posted of LHarc was Unix version 1.00.   If there is a more
recent version I'd like to have it, maybe others would too.  For me the
factor of 2 in speed less than compress is more than made up by the better
compression ratio, but for me comic is far, far, *far* too slow.  LHarc is
the best compromise I've seen.  I'm not going to wait for 8 hours (literally)
for comic to compress a file lharc can do in 10 minutes.

--
"The number of programs that can be done with the HST has always greatly
exceeded the time available for their execution, and this remains true even