[comp.os.minix] mnx boot

wilhite@unocss.unomaha.edu (wilhite) (07/07/90)

I have recently purchased a Seagate 49 meg SCSI harddrive.  I have not
been able to get Minix 1.3 to boot.  I have a AT clone.  I was able to get
1.3 to boot before I purchased the harddrive.  I have the harddrive setup
as C: and D: drives.  I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

--
Timothy R. Wilhite KB0ASO

jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) (07/12/90)

wilhite@unocss.unomaha.edu (wilhite) writes:
>I have recently purchased a Seagate 49 meg SCSI harddrive.  I have not
>been able to get Minix 1.3 to boot.  I have a AT clone.  I was able to get
>1.3 to boot before I purchased the harddrive.  I have the harddrive setup
>as C: and D: drives.  I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

The problem is that there's no SCSI drivers available.  You could probably
modify bios_wini.c to work with your host adaptor.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | Small memory model only for
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca@nosc.mil     | Unix?  Get the (*bleep*) out
 ** INTERNET: jca@pnet01.cts.com            | of here!
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
 */