[net.unix-wizards] Anyone have a restartable V7 dump command?

dan@Sri-Tsc@sri-unix (08/31/82)

Date: 25 Aug 1982 at 1432-PDT
We frequently have problems creating multi-tape full dumps, and are thinking
about modifying dump to let us restart it on a tape other than the first.
That is, if tape number 3 of a 4 tape dump gets trashed somehow (too many tape
errors, hitting two CR's instead of one when it tells you to change tapes,
etc.), it would be nice to be able to break out of dump and do something like
"dump -R 3 0u" which would only write out reels 3 and 4.  (This is assuming,
of course, that the file system you are dumping is quiescent.

Anyway, if anyone has already done this I would appreciate being saved
the work of doing it myself...

	-Dan Chernikoff (dan@SRI-TSC)
	SRI International

ask@ISL@sri-unix (09/04/82)

From: A.S. Krishnakumar <ask at ISL>@ISL at Sumex-Aim
Date: Tuesday, 31 Aug 1982 10:52-PDT
I would appreciate receiving a copy of the code, if you receive
any or if you decide to go ahead and write some yourself.  Thanks in
advance.
						Krishna
					     (ask @su-isl)