[comp.os.minix] Problem with the MINIX-L diffusion list

archer%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com (Vincent Archer) (08/01/90)

    The have been problems with our Internet name server since Friday, meaning
that I got washed out of the MINIX-L diffusion list for comp.os.minix. There
are workarounds for the problem (if you look at the email address, you'll see
that the "relay" was added since last time), but I can't get any answer to my
attempts to re-subscribe (everybody's on holiday?).

    Anyway, here's the mail I got:
>Date:        Fri, 27 Jul 90 20:47:46 CDT
>From:        Revised List Processor (1.6e) <LISTSERV@VM1.NoDak.EDU>
>Subject:     Your removal from the MINIX-L list
>To:          minix%segin4.segin.fr@PRIME.COM
>cc:          "Glen Overby, Info-Minix List Maintainer" <MINIX@PLAINS.NODAK.EDU>
>
>Dear subscriber,
>
>  As of Friday, July  the 27th of 1990, you have been  removed from the MINIX-L
>distribution        list        (Minix       operating        system)        by
>"ddle23%ujvax.ulster.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk         Anonymous         Person"
><minix@PLAINS.NODAK.EDU>.
>
>Virtually,
>
>   The LISTSERV management

    I'm sorry to bother everybody with my "little" problem, but I tried to
email to both Glen and the "Anonymous Person", and Glen doesn't seem to be
there, while my message to ...@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk bounced back from
the uunet.uu.net host (saying that such an host doesn't exists).

    So HELP ME: If anybody seeing this can fix things up (and resume my
subscription to minix-l) I would be eternally grateful. Please answer me thru
Email, since I wont even be seeing this message until minix-l knows me again!

    Thanks in advance, and sorry to be a bore for some...

(PS: Email works, just be sure to use the @relay.prime.com because there's a
     50% chance to fail if you specify only @prime.com)

    Vincent

Vincent Archer             | Email:archer%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com
"People that are good at finding excuses are never good at anything else"