[comp.os.minix] The Minix Referees Group

sean@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Sean Goggin) (02/02/90)

In article <3274@plains.UUCP> minix@plains.nodak.edu (Info-Minix Maintenance) writes:
>As a follow-on to Andy's suggestion of setting up a group of Referees to
>beta-test Minix programs, I have set up the Minix Referees Group as a
>mailing list.  The announcemnt follows.

Can the referees release 1.5.[123] please, permiting people like myself
who follow and work on minix systems to get the latest release to work with

I am not a great c programmer and presently feel not qualified to debug the
system, but I am working to improve that.
								Sean

--
SAGoggin__________________519_885_1211_x3870_______sean@watcsc.waterloo.edu___

overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) (07/01/90)

			The Minix Referees Group

The Minix Referees are a group of volunteers who will test programs for the
Minix Operating System, with the hopes of finding the major bugs and
glitches in the programs before they are distributed to the world over
Comp.os.minix.

If you are writing or porting a program to Minix, we would like to encourage
you to have the Referees look your program over before you post it so that
we can find common bugs and other glitches before you present it to the rest
of the world (it should help avoid "foot-in-mouth" disease).

To submit your program, bug fix, or whatever to us, mail it to:

	minix-ref@plains.nodak.edu
		 @plains.uucp
		 @plains.bitnet

and it will be automagically redistributed to all the referees.

There is no differentiation between Atari-ST and PC groups.  Hopefully, all
user-level programs will run on all machines.

If you are an enthusiastic Minix "hacker" and would like to become a Referee,
please send a request to Glen Overby at minix@plains and you will be added
to the group.
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)

overby@plains.UUCP (Glen Overby) (08/02/90)

			The Minix Referees Group

The Minix Referees are a group of volunteers who will test programs for the
Minix Operating System, with the hopes of finding the major bugs and
glitches in the programs before they are distributed to the world over
Comp.os.minix.

If you are writing or porting a program to Minix, we would like to encourage
you to have the Referees look your program over before you post it so that
we can find common bugs and other glitches before you present it to the rest
of the world (it should help avoid "foot-in-mouth" disease).

To submit your program, bug fix, or whatever to us, mail it to:

	minix-ref@plains.nodak.edu
		 @plains.uucp
		 @plains.bitnet
	{uunet, ogicse, umn-cs}!plains!minix-ref