[net.music] my,my,my lots of talk on JAZZ festivals...

kgdykes@watbun.UUCP (09/09/85)

 With all this talk of the Dewers Festival, the Berkeley Jazz Fest and
requests for Jazz pianists, should there be a net.music.jazz created?????
Come on guys, go for it!!
Otherwise, you may subscribe to mail.jazz list that i am currently moderating.
   -Cheers!

          - Ken Dykes
            Software Development Group, U. of Waterloo
            Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  N2L 3G1  (+1 519) 885 1211
            {ihnp4,decvax,allegra,utzoo}!watmath!watbun!kgdykes
            kgdykes%watbun@waterloo.csnet
            kgdykes%watbun%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

elf@utcsri.UUCP (Eugene Fiume) (09/18/85)

>  With all this talk of the Dewers Festival, the Berkeley Jazz Fest and
> requests for Jazz pianists, should there be a net.music.jazz created?????
> Come on guys, go for it!!
> Otherwise, you may subscribe to mail.jazz list that i am currently moderating.
>    -Cheers!
>
>           - Ken Dykes

Is there something wrong with talking about jazz and associated festivals
in net.music?
--
Eugene Fiume
{decvax|allegra}!utcsri!elf

mfs@mhuxr.UUCP (Marcel F. Simon) (09/18/85)

> Ken Dykes:
>  With all this talk of the Dewers Festival, the Berkeley Jazz Fest and
> requests for Jazz pianists, should there be a net.music.jazz created?????
> Come on guys, go for it!!

With all this talk of Kate Bush and JS Bach, shouldn't a net.music.katebush
and net.music.jsbach be created? No I am *not* serious. That there are jazz
related articles in net.music indicates that there are readers of net.music
who like jazz. It may or may not mean that jazz is ALL they like. It is
less likely to mean that they would automatically want to segregate jazz
discussions from the rest of musical discussions. And even if that were the case,
a separate jazz newsgroup should not be created, because this network is
for the exchange of *different* ideas, not some self-congratulatory
society where people with exactly the same likes and dislikes can isolate
themselves.

> Otherwise, you may subscribe to mail.jazz list that i am currently moderating.

I'd love to subscribe. How do I do that? I hope membership in your
mailing list is not mutually exclusive of participation in net.music.

Marcel Simon