[comp.os.minix] readclock for 386SX

kemp@convex.com (Phil Kemp) (08/10/90)

I have just finished my first upgrade on Minix from PH1.3 to 1.5.10. All is
fairly well. A few little nuisance bugs. One is that the readclock.c
provided will not read the real-time clock on my 386SX clone. Has anyone
implemented such an animal?

Thanks for any help
PK
--
Phil Kemp
CONVEX Computer of Canada Ltd.

droege@infko.UUCP (Detlev Droege) (08/10/90)

In article <kemp.650228073@convex> kemp@convex.com (Phil Kemp) writes:

>I have just finished my first upgrade on Minix from PH1.3 to 1.5.10. All is
>fairly well. A few little nuisance bugs. One is that the readclock.c
>provided will not read the real-time clock on my 386SX clone. Has anyone
>implemented such an animal?

Do you have installed the 'port' device ?
Try a
	mknod /dev/port c 1 4
It took me some time to find that 'bug' :-)

	Detlev
--
Detlev Droege, Uni Koblenz (EWH), FB Informatik
	       Rheinau 3-4, D-5400 Koblenz  (West Germany)