[comp.os.minix] egrep source needed

wbrown@loft386.uucp (Wayne Brown) (08/15/90)

While trying to install C-News under Minix 1.5.10, I discovered that it makes
quite a bit of use of egrep.  Rather than go through all the shell scripts
and change them to use grep, I'd rather get a copy of egrep.  Does anyone have
a copy of egrep that runs under Minix?  If so, please send me a copy.

Wayne Brown		uunet!loft386!ledgepc!wayne

williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Kent Williams) (08/15/90)

In article <1990Aug14.210556.17910@loft386.uucp> wbrown@loft386.uucp (Wayne Brown) writes:

>While trying to install C-News under Minix 1.5.10, I discovered that it makes
>quite a bit of use of egrep.  Rather than go through all the shell scripts
>and change them to use grep, I'd rather get a copy of egrep.  Does anyone have
>a copy of egrep that runs under Minix?  If so, please send me a copy.
>
>Wayne Brown		uunet!loft386!ledgepc!wayne

Unless the scripts use egrep - specific regular expression syntax,

		ln /usr/bin/grep /usr/bin/egrep

Should do the trick ...

--
Kent Williams                    'Look, I can understand "teenage mutant ninja
williams@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu    turtles", but I can't understand "mutually