  Newsgroups: comp.sources.misc
  Subject: v06i068: Lex programme to convert pANS to Classic C
  Date: 21 Mar 89 01:47:57 GMT
  Sender: allbery@uunet.UU.NET

  Posting-number: Volume 6, Issue 68
  Submitted-by: lupton@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Robert Lupton )
  Archive-name: deansi

  [Also see "agcpp", as posted to comp.os.minix.  ++bsa]

  My postnews spat this out (`error 11' -- ?), so here it is by mail.
  [Ummm, sounds like a segmentation violation.  Contact your local guru.  ++bsa]

  Here is a simple-minded Lex programme to convert ANSI to Classic C,
  or at least to try. It will convert prototypes external to functions
  to extern declarations, convert function declarations from the form
  "foo(int a,char *b)" to "foo(a,b) int a; char *b;" and remove a couple
  of keywords (volatile, const). No attempt is made to deal with
  pre-processor incompatibilities.

  You are welcome to copy, modify, or (even |-) improve the code,
  providing that my name remains on it, you don't make money, and these
  conditions remain on the fruits of your labours. Also, please post
  any significant improvements.

			  Robert Lupton
--
"In my opinion, most C programs should be indented 6 feet under."
David Brower: {amdahl, cpsc6a, mtxinu, sun}!rtech!daveb daveb@ingres.com