In article <651942655.16465@minster.york.ac.uk> gary@minster.york.ac.uk writes:

   From: gary@minster.york.ac.uk
   Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
   Date: 29 Aug 90 15:10:55 GMT

   has anyone managed to get minix working on an amstrad pc 1512
   with hard disc? I've just picked one up (it was cheap..) and
   I'm wondering about buying a proper disc for it. I've tried
   the XT minix on a friend's system. It boot OK but can't get
   past block 33 on the hard disc. Does anyone know how to fix this?
   Could they post a new xt_wini.c?

   Thanks.. gary

I'm working on an armstrad pc 1512 with an OMTI under Minix 1.3.
I had the same problems first. The controller wasn't be able to get the right
information fom the disk. Try to give the wini-driver the parameters of your
drive directly.

paulig@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
				Pauli Gerd
(business):      	 Inst. f. Informatik / Technische Universitaet M"unchen
                	 Arcisstr. 21 / 8000 Munich 2 / Fed.Rep. of Germany
(privat):  		 Peter-D"orflerstr. 19 / 8901 Deubach / FRG
E-Mail (domain):	 paulig@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de
UUCP (when above fails): paulig@tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}