[comp.os.minix] HELP! Needed: Boot floppy for AT with NR_DRIVES = 1;

abc@gateway.gateway.com (Alan Clegg) (09/08/90)

Could someone PLEASE make me a boot disk?  I had ShoeLace up and running
and had everything working FINE.  Well, along comes Norton Disk Doctor
and says that my boot record is hosed.  It dutifully got rid of the
ShoeLace boot sector.  I can't find my AT boot disk.

Here is what I need:
                1.5.10 BOOT DISK with the AT_WINI driver
                Slight modification to at_wini.c:
                        Change NR_DRIVES from 2 to 1 to accommodate
                        for second disk not being of the standard
                        AT drive type.

Any help would be appreciated...

-abc

wbrown@loft386.uucp (Wayne Brown) (09/10/90)

In article <Jac6o2w163w@gateway.gateway.com>, abc@gateway.gateway.com (Alan Clegg) writes:
> Could someone PLEASE make me a boot disk?  I had ShoeLace up and running
> and had everything working FINE.  Well, along comes Norton Disk Doctor
> and says that my boot record is hosed.  It dutifully got rid of the
> ShoeLace boot sector.  I can't find my AT boot disk.

The same thing happened to me some time ago.  All you need to do is to run
DOS FDISK and make whatever partition shoelace was booting from the active
partition.  That will get you up in Minix again, and you can then reinstall
shoelace.

Wayne Brown	uunet!loft386!ledgepc!wayne