[comp.os.minix] location of sources

traw@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (09/21/90)

   Is there a site on the net that archives minix support files,
applications, etc?  I'm interested in things such as circuit
simulators, news, editors, etc. - some basic applications to run under
minix (when it arrives...)

michael@sunham.germany.sun.com (Michael Joswig (Vertriebsunterstuetzung Hamburg)) (09/26/90)

traw%GRAD1.CIS.UPENN.EDU writes:
>    Is there a site on the net that archives minix support files,
> applications, etc?  I'm interested in things such as circuit
> simulators, news, editors, etc. - some basic applications to run under
> minix (when it arrives...)

Sure there is! You can get the Info_Sheet via anon.ftp from
"plains.nodak.edu" [134.129.111.64]. There are some Minix-Sources
on this host, and if you read this Info_Sheet carefully (special hint:
Chapter 8!!!), you can find name and address of several hosts which
allow anon.ftp

Most hosts divide Minix to Minix, ST-Minix and PC-Minix so watch out!
BTW: Don't make them angry --- ftp only in non-business-hours!

Ciao,
      Michael.