[comp.os.minix] MINIX on the mac

ak751@cleveland.freenet.edu (Mark Saltzman) (09/29/90)

	Does anyone have any detailed information on the macintosh
version of MINIX 2.0?  I heard that it will be released sometime in
October.  Some questions:
Will MINIX require its own hard drive partition?
Will it be possible to access the toolbox?
Will it be able to run in protected mode?
Any other observations would be very helpful.
thanks,
mark
ak751@cleveland.freenet.edu

archetyp@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Joseph R Pickert) (10/01/90)

ak751@cleveland.freenet.edu (Mark Saltzman) writes:

>	Does anyone have any detailed information on the macintosh
>version of MINIX 2.0?  I heard that it will be released sometime in
>October.  Some questions:
The macintosh version is 1.5.10, not 2.0.  2.0 does not exist on any
machine.
>Will MINIX require its own hard drive partition?
No.
>Will it be possible to access the toolbox?
Yes.
>Will it be able to run in protected mode?
No.

Joe Pickert

hirose@sws.cpd.mei.co.jp (M.Hirose) (10/02/90)

In article <1990Oct1.135528.8083@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
archetyp@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Joseph R Pickert) writes:

   >>Will MINIX require its own hard drive partition?
   >No.
Then, will it share its files with MacOS's?
For example, is a text file in MacOS able to be read from minix?

--

$@9-@%(J $@@5?M(J   (hirose@sws.cpd.mei.co.jp)
$@>>2<EE4o;:6H(J $@%3%s%T%e!<%?;v6HIt(J $@BhFs5;=QIt(J $@%=%U%H%&%'%"2](J