[comp.os.minix] ST 1.5.10 Parts 1 & 10 needed.

Paul.Northover@dundee.ncr.com (09/26/90)

I need Parts 1 & 10 of the ST 1.5.10 upgrade as posted by Frans in May this
year. It seems they never made it as far as the mail-archives at NoDak.EDU
where I have retrieved the rest of the upgrades from. Worse still they seem
to have been deleted from the other archives I have checked.

Before anybody tells me I know I can get a complete update kit to take me all
the way from 1.1 to 1.5.10, but I don't want to go that way for 2 reasons:

1. I haven't got a hard disk so unpacking it all would be difficult.

2. The worse part of the process would appear to be building a 1.5.x library
   on a 1.1 system, I have already got that far, and I don't relish
   repeating the exercise.

For that are interested I have so far got to 1.5.0, and I am using an old 520
(and I mean old, no built in floppy, no RF modulator) upgraded to 1MB, with a
single-side 3.5 drive and a double-sided 5.25 drive. From my experience I would
say that this is the minimum configuration capable of doing the upgrade.

Thanks for any help given,

Paul Northover
NCR Dundee
Scotland

overby@plains.NoDak.edu (Glen Overby) (09/26/90)

In article <31542@nigel.ee.udel.edu> Paul.Northover@dundee.ncr.com writes:
>I need Parts 1 & 10 of the ST 1.5.10 upgrade as posted by Frans in May this
>year. It seems they never made it as far as the mail-archives at NoDak.EDU

Yup.  I've mostly dropped support for everything but PCs.  It's enough work
to collect and organize all the PC stuff!  Besides, I only own one of those
yuko 386 things so I don't have that much interest in the other machines.  I
figure someone with an Atari (and now Amiga, Mac, SparcStation, ...) can
volunteer for keeping an archive of that stuff.  If someone does, I might
even keep a "shadow" copy of their archive.
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)

Paul.Northover@dundee.ncr.com (10/02/90)

I have now received the 2 missing parts (thanks Alan), and thanks to everybody
else that offered advice/suggestions.

Paul Northover
NCR Dundee
Scotland