[comp.os.minix] How does Mac MINIX compare to A/UX ?

mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) (10/12/90)

Does Mac MINIX allow access to the Macintosh OS?  Can I run a normmal Mac
application under MINIX?  How does MINIX compare to A/UX?

Thanks for your help,

Mike.
--
Michael A. Kelly                 | "Resistance is futile."
Internet: mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu  |        - Locutus of Borg

michel%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com (Michel Pollet) (10/12/90)

In message of 11 Oct 90 20:16:29 GMT, mkelly said :
> Does Mac MINIX allow access to the Macintosh OS?  Can I run a normmal Mac
> application under MINIX?  How does MINIX compare to A/UX?

    Mac Minix is a Mac APPLICATION, not a real OS... It access
    Mac Toolbox for disk, windows etc etc...

    AU/X is a REAL OS, it run onto the machine harware ans not onto
    Mac OS....

Questions:
    o Is Mac Minix 32 bits clean ? (touch 8 hight bits of any adress)
    o What the way it use for handling Mac Events ??
    o What machine timer does it use for sheduling ? VIA ? VBL ?

Michel 'BusError' Pollet               | "This place is reserved for future
michel%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com | use and is intentionaly left blank"

archetyp@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Joseph R Pickert) (10/12/90)

michel%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com (Michel Pollet) writes:

>In message of 11 Oct 90 20:16:29 GMT, mkelly said :
>Questions:
>    o Is Mac Minix 32 bits clean ? (touch 8 hight bits of any adress)
Yes. That is, yes it is 32 bit clean.
>    o What the way it use for handling Mac Events ??
There is a new kernel task that handles events. It runs whenever
there is nothing else to schedule or whenever it detects something in the
Event Q.
>    o What machine timer does it use for sheduling ? VIA ? VBL ?
VBL