[comp.os.minix] Want to buy an old version of Minix

mopar@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jerome A Marella) (10/06/90)

Would it be ok (ie legal) for someone to sell me their old version of
minix? If so would someone like to sell me an old version like 1.1?
That is if there is anyone who bought an old version and the new one
when it came out.

Jerome

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (10/09/90)

In article <45557@unix.cis.pitt.edu> mopar@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jerome A Marella) writes:
>Would it be ok (ie legal) for someone to sell me their old version of
>minix?
As far as I know, it is legal.  You can sell used books quite legally,
and I think software is basically the same.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

michael@sunham.germany.sun.com (Michael Joswig (Vertriebsunterstuetzung Hamburg) (10/15/90)

AST writes:

>>In article <45557@unix.cis.pitt.edu> mopar@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jerome A Marella)
>> writes:
>>>Would it be ok (ie legal) for someone to sell me their old version of
>>>minix?
>As far as I know, it is legal.  You can sell used books quite legally,
>and I think software is basically the same.
>
>Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)

Imagine it is legal (which I wouldn't believe...) Where can you find
someone who updates his Minix without using this great bargain, P.H. is
giving. Remember, you *must* send your boot disk to them and what is
Minix worth without any chance to boot it?

Ciao,
      Michael.