[net.unix-wizards] rp04 with 4.1

parker@Nrl-Css@sri-unix (09/11/82)

From: parker at Nrl-Css (Alan Parker)
Date: 9 Sep 1982 18:37:32-EDT
I want to use an older RP04 disk drive on my 11/780 running 4.1 bsd.  The
machine currently has two massbus' one  with a RM05 and the other with a
TU77 tape.  When I put the RP04 on either massbus it is not recognized by
Unix at startup.  The drive is set to 'unit 1' and it is declared in
the config file.  Beside not being recognized, the RP04 doesn't interfere
with anything else on the system.  If I run VMS on the machine it does work
with the drive, so I think the hardware is OK.  Any suggestion would be
appreciated.

BTW, I thank the several people on this list that sent suggestions concerning
my UUCP vs. Gandalf front-end problem.  They helped.