[comp.os.minix] New Flex

cwr@pnet01.cts.com (Will Rose) (10/17/90)

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
>In comp.sources.unix, flex was just posted again.  Although it won't fit on
>PCs with 64K+64K, it might be of interest on the 68000s.  I don't know if
>this is a new version of flex.  If anyone checks it out, please post your
>findings.

This Flex compiles cleanly on a (68010) SysV machine, to give a 95K binary.
It is version 2.3, patchlevel 6 dated 29 Aug 90 and carries a BSD copyright.
Ronald Lamprecht worked on an earlier version of the same program around
July 89 and posted his results to this newsgroup.

What was that ... "Does it work?".  Damfino.  That's the next project,
after I get this @#!$ UUCP going; and BTW, PC 1.5.10 tsort is still
broken.   Minix is a great OS, always provided that you have a VAX
to support development...

Good luck with the port - Will

"If heaven too had passions  | Will Rose
     even heaven would       | UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!cw
     grow old."  -  Li Ho.   | ARPA: crash!pnet01!cwr@nosc.mil
                             | INET: cwr@pnet01.cts.com

UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!cwr