[comp.os.minix] Minix-386

nall@sun8.scri.fsu.edu (John Nall) (10/17/90)

Bruce Evans (evans@syd.dit.csiro.au) writes:
> In article <1566@hslrswi.UUCP> schuerch@hslrswi.UUCP writes
>> I'm trying to build libraries with the makelib-script from bruce
>> evans, which was in bcclib.tar.
>>	> 	zip1 xyz 15 1

>  It's actually zap1.  This writes the byte '\001' at offset 15 in
>  the file xyz.  You can write zap1.c faster than I can post it :-).

Yup.  But is the 15 hex, decimal or octal???

--
John W. Nall		| Supercomputation Computations Research Institute
nall@sun8.scri.fsu.edu  | Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306

evans@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Bruce.Evans) (10/22/90)

In article <1132@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> nall@sun8.scri.fsu.edu (John Nall) writes:
>Bruce Evans (evans@syd.dit.csiro.au) writes:
>>  It's actually zap1.  This writes the byte '\001' at offset 15 in
>Yup.  But is the 15 hex, decimal or octal???

Decimal. Anyone pedantic enough to write news with C octal character constants
is likely to write on the numbers on the same line in the same language.
--
Bruce Evans		evans@syd.dit.csiro.au