[comp.os.minix] Threaded Fs ... needing upgrade from 1.1

pede%cunhan.inf.ufrgs.anrs.br@uicvm.uic.edu (Andre' Luis Castro) (10/23/90)

Cowboy Dan writes:

> would be, as someone pointed out, stupid to hard code a file system to
> a single device and then rework it for another device.  Also, the
> multi-threaded version will be done after the single thread system.

     I have already made modifications to the File System manager
(FS)  to transform it to multi-threaded FS.  The only problem  is
that all the modifications was made to version 1.1. I made little
modifications to almost all the files,  ( like changing the scope
of a variable,  transforming local file variables [inside a file,
but  outside  a function ] to local arrays,  and mainly  defining
critical sections on the code).  I also have added two files that
controls all the threads, and the critical sections.

     All  the code is very portable.  The threads are implemented
using  setjmp/longjmp and it have tested it on several  different
computer and systems.

     The  modifications  are  made  adding these  two  files  and
re-arranging the rest of the code to behave well.

     It was my final work on a undergraduation course on Computer
science. And it has a very good documentation, but (unfortunately
for  almost  all  of you,  it is in Portuguese (  a  very  better
language, I really think so).

     If  there is anyone who wants to add this feature to a newer
version of minix, please contact with me. I can send them all the
informations needed to do this work. It should take you less than
a  week to convert it.  I can't do this work  myself,  because  I
don't  have  both enough time and a newer version of Minix  other
than 1.1.

Sorry, I am not a native language... EU FALO PORTUGUES...

--
 Andre Luis Castro                  <pede@cunhan.inf.ufrgs.anrs.br>
                    <pede%cunhan.inf.ufrgs.anrs.br@BRFAPESP.BITNET>