[net.unix-wizards] reading FIles-11 disks under unix

GARY@Washington@sri-unix (09/08/82)

From: Duffers <GARY@Washington>
Date:  7 Sep 1982 0822-PDT
I asked around but no one seemed to have one so I had to write my own.
There are three programs I wrote (1) vmsdir (2) vmscat and (3) unrms.
vmsdir does a directory of a files-11 disk.
vmscat 'cats' a file from a files-11 disk.
unrms removes the rms junk from a rms text file.

It is really a rather crude implementation that can only read a files-11 disk.
But it works.  It may take me a day or two to get it in enough shape to ship
out.  Would you like a copy?

-- Gary Kimura
-------

ss (09/12/82)

From: ss
Sorry to inflict this on the net, but I couldn't reply to
decvax!cca!GARY@Washington@sri-unix - when are these mailers going to
work right?

Anyway, I'd love to haave copies of the 3 programs vmsdir, vmscat,
and unrms.  If theyu are reasonable length (whatever that is) why not
post then to net.sources - if not,  please mail them to me or let me
send you a tape, ok?

Thanks

Sid Shapiro -- decvax!wivax!ss -- Wang Institute -- (617)649-9731