[comp.os.minix] Latest info on MacMinix ship date

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) (10/16/90)

I received a note from Prentiss-Hall via snail-mail about my MacMinix
order.  They said the earliest expected shipping date is November 9.
Ah well, let's hope they don't have disk duplication problems!
--
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff@ncar.ucar.edu
(303) 497-1211  	P.O. Box 3000

steven@m2xenix.psg.com (Steven Furber) (10/23/90)

In article <8812@ncar.ucar.edu> cruff@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Craig Ruff) writes:
>I received a note from Prentiss-Hall via snail-mail about my MacMinix
>order.  They said the earliest expected shipping date is November 9.
>Ah well, let's hope they don't have disk duplication problems!

As of ten minutes ago, PH says that MacMINIX began shipping last Friday.
This information is from the 1-800-xxx-0023 number (cannot remember the
prefix).  I was told to expect it on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Now my
question is...should I still pay for the next day air when it's been
over a week and 3/4?

Time to find out that there really is life beyond a scroll-bar on the
Macintosh.

dietz@dsrgsun.CES.CWRU.Edu (Dieter H. Zebbedies) (10/24/90)

Good news. I placed my order on Friday, P-H said that they would be
expecting a shipment on Monday, and would ship the same day they
received materials.

They did.  I received MacMinix yesterday, and after a bit of a problem
with the install doc, managed to come up with a workable configuration.

Some typo's, don't have a definitive list, but will do tonight.

This was on a IIcx.

but MacMinix would *not* come up on the MacPortable! What's the hitch?

Claims are that any mac >128K Roms && > 1Mb will run.  My portable has 5Mb.

MacBoot freezes mouse immediatly, then reboots.

michel%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com (Michel Pollet) (10/25/90)

In message of 24 Oct 90 12:07:33 GMT, dietz said :
> Good news. I placed my order on Friday, P-H said that they would be
> expecting a shipment on Monday, and would ship the same day they
> received materials.
>
> They did.  I received MacMinix yesterday, and after a bit of a problem
> with the install doc, managed to come up with a workable configuration.

    Luky boy !! I've never received PH acknoledge for my email order..

    of September..

    Have they a LIFO order book ?? :-(

Michel 'BusError' Pollet               | "This place is reserved for future
michel%segin4.segin.fr@relay.prime.com | use and is intentionaly left blank"