[comp.os.minix] Problems starting 1.5 Kernel

TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) (10/27/90)

    When booting Minix 1.5, normally, or with ShoeLace, the first thing I get
is "Controller not ready in com_out", and the computer hangs. I also misplaced
my kernel code, and I can't find this err in mm, fs, menu or init anywhere. I
assume it's in the kernel, so could someone please tell me what the message
means and/or how it can be rectified? Tnx in advance.

                                 --Thom Rounds

P.S. pls E-mail your response to tom@walt.caps.maine.edu. VM removes unread
mail after a certain period, and I don't get to log on very often, so pls don't
send them here. Tnx again.

P.P.S. Just thought I'd mention, the error takes place after typing '=' at the
menu or after ShoeLace finishes it's build, so the error is in minix itself.

mjs@cbnewsl.att.com (Mike Scheutzow) (10/29/90)

> Article 8984 of comp.os.minix:
> From: TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds)
>     When booting Minix 1.5, normally, or with ShoeLace, the first thing I get
> is "Controller not ready in com_out", and the computer hangs. I also misplaced
> my kernel code ...

You've got the wrong harddisk driver in the kernel.  Un-misplace the
sources, copy the correct driver to wini.c, and recompile.

__Mike
att!cbnewsl!mjs