[comp.os.minix] Is there a FAQ file for this group?

jep@mtiame.oz (Jesper Peterson) (10/29/90)

I've been unsub'd from this group for quite a while, so before I start
asking a lot of stupid questions: is there a Frequently Asked Questions
file for this group? Could someone mail me a copy? I'll read it and *then*
ask stupid questions. See, it makes a huge difference.

Proceeding on the assumption that there is a FAQ: Does it have a list
of user supported tools and extensions? I presume no-one actually runs
Minix straight out of the box (Yeah, yeah, you have to load it onto the
machine first, ho, ho).

Thanks a bunch.

Jesper.

dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) (10/30/90)

In article <305@mtiame.oz> jep@mtiame.oz (Jesper Peterson) writes:
>I've been unsub'd from this group for quite a while, so before I start
>asking a lot of stupid questions: is there a Frequently Asked Questions
>file for this group? Could someone mail me a copy? I'll read it and *then*
>ask stupid questions. See, it makes a huge difference.

I can't say I've ever seen one. Maybe its a good idea to start one?

Dylan.
--
Matthew J Farwell                 | Email: dylan@ibmpcug.co.uk
The IBM PC User Group, PO Box 360,|        ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug!dylan

tgcpwd@rwc.urc.tue.nl (Wim van Dorst) (10/30/90)

In article <305@mtiame.oz> jep@mtiame.oz (Jesper Peterson) writes:
> I've been unsub'd from this group for quite a while, so before I start
> asking a lot of stupid questions: is there a Frequently Asked Questions
> file for this group? Could someone mail me a copy? I'll read it and *then*
> ask stupid questions. See, it makes a huge difference.

Yes, there is one. It is sent out monthly by Glen Overby. It answers the
typica questions "what is Minix", "Where and how to get it", "What does
it run on normally" (there is also a compatibility list), and the such.

Met vriendelijke groeten, -b-b-
Blue Baron = Wim van Dorst, Voice (+31) 074-443937, (+31) 02152-42319
(-:       baron@wiesje.hobby.nl           tgcpwd@urc.tue.nl       :-)