[comp.os.minix] MacMinix & Multifinder problem

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) (11/03/90)

MacMinix does not like the beta version of MultiFinder distributed with
the SADE debugger.  I have to run in Finder Only mode.

Also, I received two 06 disks, and no 05!  I guess I'll call to see
what I need to do to get the right disk. :-(
--
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff@ncar.ucar.edu
(303) 497-1211  	P.O. Box 3000

rob@cbnewsk.att.com (rob) (11/04/90)

From article <9064@ncar.ucar.edu>, by cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff):
] MacMinix does not like the beta version of MultiFinder distributed with
] the SADE debugger.  I have to run in Finder Only mode.

I have different situation with the same results. I am running on a vanilla
Mac+ and can't get MacMinix to boot under MultiFinder. It runs just fine
under the regular finder (modulo the documentation problems noted by others.)

My first set of attempts was under the 6.0.5 version of the Mac OS with lots of different inits running (Apparently MacServe is also incompatable with MacMinix. If I shut MacServe off and run Uni-Finder, MacMinix works ok.)

My second set of attempts involved upgrading the Mac OS to 6.0.7, removing
*ALL* inits (includeing MacServe), and trying to bring up MacMinix under
Multifinder in an essentially unmodified 6.0.7 environment. Same results.
Other than having 4megs of memory, nothing else on my Mac is changed.

Has *anyone* been successful in running MacMinix under Multifinder on a
Mac+, and if so, how did you do it?

.....rob

--
.....rob coben, currently contracted to AT&T Bell Labs, rob@homxc.att.com
rob's rule #1: If you want it bad, you're going to get it bad!

rnf@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) (11/06/90)

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) writes:

>MacMinix does not like the beta version of MultiFinder distributed with
>the SADE debugger.  I have to run in Finder Only mode.

>Also, I received two 06 disks, and no 05!  I guess I'll call to see
>what I need to do to get the right disk. :-(
>--
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff@ncar.ucar.edu

I got two disk 1's and no disk two in my package, anybody with two disk
2's and no disk 1? :-)

Rick Fincher
rnf@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu