[net.unix-wizards] Vax response to ^S/^Q

chris.umcp-cs@Udel-Relay@sri-unix (09/15/82)

From:     Chris Torek <chris.umcp-cs@Udel-Relay>
Date:     10 Sep 82 15:24:03-EDT (Fri)
We're not running our Datamedias on DZs, but on DHs.  But I may have
found a fix.  There's a bit in the local mode word called LDECCTQ that
says "don't print any output after a ^S until a ^Q".  This seems to
help.  The situation could be as follows:

	VT100 buffer fills, VT100 sends ^S
	The Vax sends a few more chars, and stops
	The user hits a key, so the Vax starts up again
	VT100 buffer overflows

Since the VT100 remembers that it has sent a ^S and doesn't send another
until after it has sent a ^Q, this might be it.

[ This is under 4.1bsd in the new tty driver ]