[comp.os.minix] Mac Minix fun

TRADER@cup.portal.com (Paul Vincent McGinnis) (11/08/90)

Hmmmm... lots of fun with installation of MacMinix 1.5 . One thing seems
to be missing from my package... a software registration card. I have my
doubts that Prentice-Hall will notify people when things like the ps
bug get fixed or when missing files like /etc/gettydefs or /usr/bin/mdb
show up... I'm still trying to get /dev/tty2 to work properly for logins.

On another note, I experienced some difficulty printing with lpr. Turns out
there is no /dev/lpr... anyways, if you have to print and have an Imagewriter,
try the following:
(1) change the /etc/rc file so that there is a stty line for /dev/tty3
(2) make the new entry for /dev/tty3 have a baud of 9600
(3) use cat > file > /dev/tty3 to print.

                       Paul McGinnis
                       TRADER@cup.portal.com
                       Box 28084
                       Santa Ana, CA 92799

archetyp@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (Joseph R Pickert) (11/08/90)

TRADER@cup.portal.com (Paul Vincent McGinnis) writes:

>On another note, I experienced some difficulty printing with lpr. Turns out
>there is no /dev/lpr

It is /dev/lp, not /dev/lpr.