[net.unix-wizards] more on VDH on 4.1 Vax Unix

mark.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay@sri-unix (09/15/82)

From:     Mark Weiser <mark.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay>
Date:     10 Sep 82 14:24:48-EDT (Fri)
Thank you everyone for all the response to my last question about
VDH.  The consensus is--don't use VDH right into the kernel,
attach ECU's from ACC to make both ends look local.  (But even this
might have problems...?)

Along the same lines, T.P.C. just threw another wrench into the works.
They claim that 50k baud analog service is no longer available.
Instead, they will provide 56k baud digital service (for a somewhat
higher price).  Anyone else using this?  If its what I think it
is then I will be hooked into Bell's packet-switched network
and can avoid the ECU business.  Help again!