[comp.os.minix] Minix 1.5.1

yusuf.nagree@f1000.n711.fido.oz.au (Yusuf Nagree) (11/05/90)

Does anyone know where I can easily get MINIX 1.5.1 (or whatever
the latest version happens to be)?

I have currently got 1.2 and it's a bit primitive.
 (PS: I'm in Sydney, Australia so please don't suggest I download
it from a US BBS or something!!)

Thanks... Yusuf.

.ORIGIN: 302/001
--- PreMail GT Gate v0.91
 * Origin: From GTnet via the Black Hole Star Gate! (3:711/1000)

dec@daves.sr.com (David Compton) (11/11/90)

In article <18583@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au> yusuf.nagree@f1000.n711.fido.oz.au (Yusuf Nagree) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can easily get MINIX 1.5.1 (or whatever
>the latest version happens to be)?
>
>I have currently got 1.2 and it's a bit primitive.
> (PS: I'm in Sydney, Australia so please don't suggest I download
>it from a US BBS or something!!)

I have the same problem I have 1.2 and yes it is just a bit primitive.

I however am in the US.  So how to upgrade, from anywhere?

Dave
--
David Compton, INTERNET: dec@daves.SR.COM      (I speak for no one but myself.)
UUCP: {areas, jato, pyramid, sun, usc},!srhqla!daves!dec

Peter_Van_Epp@cc.sfu.ca (11/12/90)

>In article <18583@ultima.socs.uts.edu.au> yusuf.nagree@f1000.n711.fido.oz.au
> (Yusuf Nagree) writes:
>>Does anyone know where I can easily get MINIX 1.5.1 (or whatever
>>the latest version happens to be)?
>>
>>I have currently got 1.2 and it's a bit primitive.
>> (PS: I'm in Sydney, Australia so please don't suggest I download
>>it from a US BBS or something!!)
>
>I have the same problem I have 1.2 and yes it is just a bit primitive.
>
>I however am in the US.  So how to upgrade, from anywhere?
>
>Dave
>--
>David Compton, INTERNET: dec@daves.SR.COM      (I speak for no one but myself.)

  The following snippet from an announcement from Glenn Overby (who kindly
  maintains and provides the archive at plains) should be of help to both
  of you.:

>These bits are on ftp.adelaide.edu.au in "pub/minix/upgrades/1.5" and
>plains.nodak.edu ?134.129.111.64? in pub/Minix/updates/1.5.  Also look in
>the "upgrades" or "updates" directory for other info.
>
>Archive-server@plains.{nodak.edu, uucp, bitnet} can serve those of you who
>do not have internet access.  See the Minix Information Sheet for details.
>
>If you're in the US, please try using plains first to avoid loading the
>international lines.
>
>Also: The old upgrade kits on Plains are being cleaned out.

If plains doesn't have the 1.2 -> 1.3 upgrade kit try bugs.nosc.mil, in
pub/Minix they don't have current stuff but the older upgrade kits are still
there.