[comp.os.minix] MacMinix: rmaker problems when rebuiling build application

deo@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Steven Furber) (11/11/90)

Has anyone been able to successfully build the boot application for MacMinix?
I keep trying to build a new boot application and it (finally) fails when
rmaker is called.  Rmaker -v minix.rc NEWmacboot runs for a few seconds, then
comes back with:
	rmaker: Exhausted mem
	; line number 445
That's funny, I chmem'd it up until I was at 1000000 bytes (1mg), only now
instead of simply giving me the above error message it bombs with an ID=03.

Thinking that it might be the minix.rc that was a problem I pulled the original
/usr/src/tools archive off of the original floppies and extraced the resource
information from there.  No luck-- the same problems.

Any ideas?

wbb@hpclove.HP.COM (Bill Buzbee) (11/12/90)

>deo@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Steven Furber) writes:
>Has anyone been able to successfully build the boot application for MacMinix?

  I've managed to do this, but it took quite a few chmem iterations.

>I keep trying to build a new boot application and it (finally) fails when
>rmaker is called.  Rmaker -v minix.rc NEWmacboot runs for a few seconds, then
>comes back with:
>	rmaker: Exhausted mem
>	; line number 445
>That's funny, I chmem'd it up until I was at 1000000 bytes (1mg), only now
>instead of simply giving me the above error message it bombs with an ID=03.

  This seems familiar, but it succeeded for me with rmem chmem'd to 305K.

  I wish I had better advice, but I don't recall doing anything fancy - just
  tried again when I got a strange error and it eventually worked.

  .....bill buzbee