[net.unix-wizards] Boot flags on a 750

JIM@Washington@sri-unix (09/15/82)

From: Jim Rees <JIM@Washington>
Date: 13 Sep 1982 1038-PDT
My aplogies if this has already been covered.

I have a 750 running 4.1bsd.

When I boot my 750 from a RM03, the boot flags don't get set up right.
On a 780 the flags are kept in r11 and in a 750 they are in r5 (what is
the reason for this discrepancy?), so the ??boot copies r5 into r11 before
upboot, but somehow they get lost in hpboot.  I looked at the source code
and it seems to be ok, it just doesn't work.  If I type:

>>>D/G B 3
>>>B/0

it finds the "3" and uses it as a boot flag.  I don't know enough Vax
assembly language to track this down, and don't care to learn.  Does
anyone know what is causing this?
-------